Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Relationships, New Starts

It's been awhile since I've written on this blog. I broke up with J. and started a new relationship with P.

I had a summer internship in New York and met P. via OkCupid in August. As soon as I met him, I know he was something special. However, I had to go back to graduate school in late December.

We've been together 9 months now and it's been a roller coaster. These last five months alone have been long distance and very very difficult. Now we're at the point where I have to decide whether or not I am going to move to New York. P. said he can't continue doing long distance for much longer and he really wants me there in the city with him. But at the same time, he says he doesn't want to hold me back.

What am I going to do?

Do I make the jump and try and find a job here in Manhattan so that I can try and have a fulfilling professional life while continuing my relationship with P.?

Or do I take a hold of my own individuality and refuse to move for a relationship? Do I love him enough?

All the while, I have Florence + the Machine's "Shake It Out" playing in the background.

It's always darkest before the dawn...




No comments: